Reflecting back on this year, it's been an amazing ride! Fallen publishes in a few days *squeals* Redemption is with my beta readers *commences in another squeal* and I'm working with a few models in creating original covers for some upcoming novels, Redemption included *happy dances*
Sunday evening I'll be hosting an online release party to celebrate the book birthday of Fallen! There's a HUGE giveaway I'm running that closes in two days! Go there now and enter if you haven't yet, or haven't today. You can enter daily! There's a LOT being given away! Books, ebooks, swag, services and more!
Here's a few thanks for today I'd like to send out into the world.
- Absolutely number one goes to my family, specifically my husband and daughter. John, you've been amazing throughout this journey with me. When I feel self doubt (what's that? Author's don't have self doubt! HA!) you've been in my corner each and every time, cheering me on. For that, thank you and I love you always! My precious Leanna... You are my light in this dark world. Any room will light up simply with your smile.
- I'm thankful to my amazing beta team and editor from Fallen. Rebecca, Kerri and Christa, I couldn't be here without you. Kim, you have some mad skills! Don't EVER doubt yourself! Thank you ladies for all the laughs we've endured through this adventure! It's FAR from over!
- THE FANS!!!! Holy crap! You guys are freaking AMAZING!!!!! Every single day when I come onto Facebook and Twitter... the comments, compliments, excitement and begging of wanting... no NEEDING the book now! This is FAR beyond what I could have possibly hoped for! Every single one of you will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart.
- Embrace the voices and visions in your head, for without them, Fallen would not have been written. Stories like The Hunger Games and Divergent would be non-existent. Event the lovers of the Twilight Saga would not have their Edward and Bella. There would be no 50 Shades of Grey. My point here, there are times I want to hang up the pen, so to speak, in writing and come back into the real world, but the characters I've created, Alex, Samuel, Lisa and Robert & Lexi and Jackson & Sarina (characters whom you've not met yet in two new series coming soon!) continue to grab and pull me back into the fantasy worlds I've created. Sometimes I think they scream at me to write their story and until I do, damn, they don't stop talking! Show of hands who have ever felt this way?
- Last, and definitely never least in any means of the word, I thank God for allowing me to write these stories. I thank Him every single day for the life I've been blessed to lead, the family He's provided to me and the guidance laid out in front of me. Without Him, none of this would be possible. Thank you will never be enough.
With all of the above being said, go enjoy your Thanksgiving feast! Here's my take on a small poem, considering I'm not a poet (yet I won Nocturnes from Kendall Grey for writing a poem haha!).
Happy Thanksgiving! May you eat all through the day.
May your pants be light, and not very heavy.
Pull up to the table and indulge in the meats.
For tomorrow, there may be no more sweets.
When the Cowboys play the Raiders, stand proud with me!
For when my 'boys take them down, we'll shout VICTORY!
So here's to us and and everything we'll do.
Thank you for everything, all of this is for you.